FISCHERSCOPE X-RAY XAN 500
- Universal handheld XRF analyzer for precise coating thickness measurement and material analysis – even with difficult material combinations; complies with DIN ISO 3497 and ASTM B 568
- Weight 1.9 kg
- One battery charge lasts for up to 6 hours of operation
- Measurement spot: 3 mm Ø
- High-resolution silicon drift detector
- Rated IP54 for outdoor use
- Optional measuring box for use as a XRF bench-top device
- Data evaluation with the full version of WinFTM® software
- Testing on bulky objects and, with the measuring box, also small parts
- Simultaneous determination of both the thickness and the composition of a layer in a single measurement (e.g. ZnNi on Fe)
- Standard-free measurement of unknown alloys
- Measurements on large, coated parts such as machine components and housings
- Testing of galvanic layers
- Analysis of the metal content of electroplating baths
The FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XAN® 500 is the most versatile X-ray fluorescence (XRF) system available. As a handheld XRF analyzer, it’s perfect for inspecting coatings on bulky items like airplane parts, pipes or turbine blades in a running production line.
In contrast to other portable XRF devices on the market, the FISCHERSCOPE XAN 500 determines coating thickness very precisely. Its 3-point support makes it easy to place correctly and keeps it stable during the entire measurement. A high-quality silicon drift detector (SDD) ensures the precision needed to analyze alloy layers such as zinc-nickel.
But the XAN 500 is more than just a XRF measuring system for bulky parts. With the optionally available measuring box, it can be transformed into a bench-top instrument in just a few simple steps. This lets you quickly and easily check small parts such as nuts and bolts.