FISCHERSCOPE X-RAY 5000
The FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY 5000 system continuously measures the layer thickness of thin layers on large-area substrates, for example in photovoltaics. The devices in this series form modular units that are easy to install in production lines. The X-RAY 5000 can be operated either in normal atmosphere or under vacuum. Furthermore, the device is designed to be easy to maintain: The measuring head can be serviced without having to release the vacuum.
If the product moves or bulges during fabrication, it can skew the measuring results. For this reason, Fischer’s WinFTM software also has a built-in function for distance compensation, which can compensate for fluctuations of up to 1 cm without requiring additional distance sensors.
- Continuous measurement in running processes with connection to production control systems
- Flexible use: for measurements in vacuum or in air; for sample temperatures up to 400°C
- Optionally available with water cooling
- Particularly robust design and construction for sustainably precise measurements under harsh conditions
- Outstandingly well-suited to coating thickness measurement and material analysis on products with large surfaces
- X-ray source, detector and primary filter can all be selected by the customer
- Systems comply with DIN ISO 3497 and ASTM B 568
- Thickness of CIGS, CIS, CdTe and CdS layers in the solar industry
- Thin layers just a few µm thick on metal strips, metallic foils and plastic foils
- Composition of CIGS, CIS, CdTe and CdS layers in photovoltaics
- Coating thickness control in continuous production
- Process monitoring in sputter and electroplating plants