Fully automated production offers numerous advantages: faster fabrication, better quality and transparent processes. Automated quality control ensures the detection of small deviations in production. That is why an increasing number of industries are turning to automation. Bringing this vision to reality requires a powerful and fully integrated measuring system with interfaces to all control units.
The FISCHERSCOPE® MMS® Automation is a single system covering multiple applications. Its in-process measurement with feedback loop possibilities enables early detection and correction of deviations in quality. This provides 100% quality control rather than random sampling.
The MMS Automation can be tailored to your needs with up to four different modules and probes to solve a variety of measurement tasks. Alternatively, up to four identical probes can be used in a single application to achieve a large number of measuring points. Whether you need to measure the paint thickness on car bodies, the copper coating on printed circuit boards or to sort different aluminum parts according to their alloys – the FISCHERSCOPE® MMS® Automation has the right module.
PERMASCOPE® is the versatile module for measuring coating thickness. It combines two measuring methods: the magnetic-inductive and the eddy-current method.
- Electrically insulating coatings on various metals, e.g. paint on steel or aluminum
- Electrically conductive, non-magnetizable coatings on ferrous metals, e.g. zinc, copper or chrome on steel
- Weakly conductive coatings on highly conductive metals, e.g. chrome and electroless nickel on copper or aluminum
PHASCOPE® DUPLEX is specially designed for the automotive industry to measure duplex coatings (paint and zinc on steel) in one step. It uses three measuring methods: the magnetic induction method and both the amplitude-sensitive and phase-sensitive eddy current methods.
- Paint on steel and aluminum
- Paint and zinc coatings (thin EPD coatings) on steel; both layers are measured in one step
- Brake line tubing
- Wire (mesh and lattice), e. g. on shopping carts
SIGMASCOPE® determines the electrical conductivity of metals and can be used either for coating thickness measurement or for identifying non-ferrous metals.
- Measuring copper coatings on PCBs
- Inspecting aluminum alloys in incoming goods
SR-SCOPE® is a special module for the electronics industry. It uses the micro-resistance method and is suitable for measuring the thickness of individual copper coatings on multilayer printed circuit boards without influence from deeper layers.
NICKELSCOPE® is based on the Hall effect and uses the different magnetizabilities of coating and base materials for thickness measurement.
- Electroplated nickel coatings on non-ferrous metals and insulating base materials
- Non-magnetic coatings such as copper, aluminum or lead on steel or iron
Contact FISCHER today to find out more!