Making the world of customers measurably easier: This has been Helmut Fischer's corporate goal since 1953. We develop precisely tailored, intelligent measurement solutions in the areas of coating thickness measurement, material analysis, nanoindentation and scratch testing. The portfolio is diverse: from handheld devices for fast coating thickness measurement in corrosion protection, to XRF spectrometers for precise gold testing, or XRF analysis in electroplating to fully integrated high-end systems in the electronics industry.
- Proportional counting detector for simple coating thickness measurements
- Silicon PIN diode for more sophisticated layer thickness measurements and simple material analyses
- Silicon drift detector (SDD) for measuring the thinnest layers and precise analysis of the elemental composition of materials
The proportional counting detector offers the best measurement performance when dealing with a large measurement distance or a very small measurement spot for simple coating thickness measurements. For more demanding coating thickness measurements and simple material analyses, the silicon PIN diode is the right choice. The silicon drift detector (SDD) can be used to measure layer thicknesses in the nanometre range and complex multi-layer tasks as well as to precisely analyse the elemental composition of materials.
- Decades of experience in development and production
- For measurement of thin and very thin coatings as well as analysis of complex multilayer systems thanks to amplification of the XRF density by up to 10,000 times
- Reduced measurement time by concentrating the excitation beam on a small spot at very high intensity
- Small spot sizes of up to < 10 µm* for measurements on the smallest components and microstructures
- Various designs and versions available - also halo-free
Rely on almost 30 years of know-how in the development and manufacture of high-precision capillary optics for shaping X-rays. Only thanks to these components is it possible to focus the excitation beam on a very small measuring spot (10 µm) and thus to measure on the smallest components and microstructures. As one of only 2 manufacturers worldwide, we ensure innovation and the highest measurement precision.
* Spot size at Mo-K
- Most powerful application software for coating thickness measurement and material analysis on the market
- Easy and intuitive to use
- Comprehensive functions, from automatic material detection, to result evaluation and logging
Of course, the detector needs a congenial partner to process the detected fluorescence radiation: Our in-house developed software WinFTM is the most powerful XRF application software on the market. What distinguishes it from other software? Without exception, it contains all the important functions for successfully carrying out XRF material analyses and XRF layer thickness measurements - from automatic material recognition and automated measurements to fully comprehensive statistical functions!
- 21 Fischer subsidiaries worldwide
- Local experts for sales, application and service
- Professional global dealer network
With 21 Fischer subsidiaries worldwide and a comprehensive global dealer network, we ensure that our customers from a wide range of industries receive optimum support. Experienced staff from the sales department, the application laboratory and the service department provide individual advice and support on site with fast response times. In addition to the development and manufacture of high-precision measuring instruments, training and product education are an integral part of Helmut Fischer's comprehensive service portfolio.
- The calibration laboratory of Helmut Fischer GmbH is the first and only company in Germany to be accredited according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 for the mechanical measurand "mass per unit area".
- Complete traceability of the standards produced to national standards
- ISO/IEC 17025 certification of customer material
The Fischer calibration laboratory is a competent calibration laboratory - according to DAkkS! This means that accreditation in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 for the mechanical measurand "mass per unit area" guarantees the complete traceability of the standards produced to national standards. The measured values obtained are therefore absolutely reliable and comparable regardless of the method, device and location used. The special feature: We can also certify your sample according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025. Benefit from Fischer's comprehensive measurement expertise for the optimal solution of your measurement task - and at the highest possible standard worldwide.
- Quality management system certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001
- Calibration laboratory accredited for the mechanical measurand "mass per unit area" according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- DIN member since 2016
We demonstrably meet the highest quality standards! Our quality management system has been DIN EN ISO 9001 certified since 1997. The Fischer calibration laboratory is accredited for the mechanical measurand "mass per unit area" according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025. As a DIN member, we are also actively involved in the development of standards such as IPC 4553 (ENIG).
The Helmut Fischer Foundation is the owner of Helmut Fischer GmbH and offers our company full financial independence, security and long-term stability - a real anchor. The foundation also promotes science, research, education and the arts. For example, it supports the "Jugend forscht" competition and annually awards the Helmut Fischer Prize for Science Communication of the Deutsches Museum.