Are you always on the alert for fake gold coins, bars etc.? But how to test gold? With the handheld devices SIGMASCOPE GOLD B and SIGMASCOPE GOLD C, you can check the authenticity of gold anytime – quickly and accurately. Using conductivity, these gold testers reliably show if inclusions of foreign materials like tungsten are present. The authenticity testing of gold is therefore non-destructive and causes no loss of material or value.
The SIGMASCOPE GOLD B was developed especially for analyzing gold bullion. While this handheld device can measure bars up to 17mm thick (from approx. 1 oz to approx. 1 kg), its variable penetration depth settings also make the testing of thinner bars possible.
The SIGMASCOPE GOLD C is a handheld device for checking the authenticity of gold coins and thin bars (up to approx. 100 g). Whether it’s Krugerrands, ducats, coin gold or fine gold – with this easy-to-use gold tester, you know immediately whether that which glitters is really gold.
- Portable handheld gauge with large, color touchscreen
- Non-destructive measurements in seconds
- Intuitive operation using Windows™ CE operating system – easy even for untrained personnel
- Variable penetration depths to measure a range of thicknesses
- Non-contact measurement e.g. through plastic covers up to 0.5 mm thick
- Conductivity measurement according to DIN 50994
- Uses the eddy current measuring method according to ASTM E1004
- Various measuring probes and calibration standards available for coins and gold bars
- Ambient temperature range of 0 – 40 °C
SIGMASCOPE GOLD B
- Non-destructive testing of gold bullion from approx. 1 oz (31.1 g) to 1 kg
- Detection of non-precious inclusions (e.g. tungsten)
SIGMASCOPE GOLD C
- Non-destructive testing of gold coins and bars up to approx. 100 g
- Testing of gold alloys for their correct composition
- Verification of commercially available precious-metal coins such as Krugerrands and ducats based on their specific conductivity values