FISCHERSCOPE X-RAY XUL and XULM
- Analysis of galvanic baths and coating thickness measurement with X-ray fluorescence according to DIN ISO 3497 and ASTM B 568
- Smallest measurement spot with the XULM approx. 0.1 mm; smallest measurement spot with the XUL approx. 0.5 mm
- Tungsten X-ray tube or tungsten microfocus tube (XULM) as an x-ray source
- Proven proportional counter tube detectors for short measuring times
- Collimator: fixed or 4x automatically changeable
- Primary filter: fixed or 3x automatically changeable
- Fixed sample support or manual XY stage
- Video camera for optical observation of the measuring spot
- Patented by Fischer: the DCM method for simple and fast adjustment of the measuring distance
- Certified fully protective device
- Galvanic coatings such as zinc on iron or zinc-nickel on iron as corrosion protection for mass-produced parts (nuts and bolts)
- Analysis of the metal content of electroplating baths
- Decorative coatings Cr/Ni/Cu/ABS
- Coatings on connectors and contacts in the electronics industry
Entry-level X-ray fluorescence XRF analysis
The FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XUL® series is truly fundamental equipment for every electroplating shop. These straightforward and affordable energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence XRF analyzers are excellent for monitoring the bath composition, but they’re also indispensable helpers when it comes to quality control: robust and perfectly suited for measuring galvanic coatings on mass-produced parts like nuts and bolts.
All the XRF spectrometers in the XUL / XULM series are easy and intuitive to operate. Larger samples can be simply placed in the measuring chamber by hand; or, for smaller items such as plugs, the instruments can be outfitted with a manual sample stage. Although the measuring devices are compact, they offer plenty of room for your test pieces – up to a height of 17 cm.
And if you have several different measuring tasks, the FISCHERSCOPE X-RAY XULM has exchangeable filters and collimators, so you can create the optimum measuring conditions for all your applications. In addition, the XULM has a built-in microfocus tube, which delivers precise results even with small measuring spots and thin layers.