FISCHERSCOPE X-RAY XDV-SDD
The XDV®-SDD is one of the most powerful X-ray fluorescence analyzers in the Fischer portfolio. This XRF spectrometer is equipped with a particularly sensitive silicon drift detector (SDD). This allows you to measure even the thinnest layers non-destructively – e.g. gold coatings about 2 nm thick on lead frames.
At the same time, the XDV-SDD is perfectly suited for non-destructive material analysis. For example, its detection sensitivity for traces of lead in plastic is about 2 ppm – several orders of magnitude lower than the values required by RoHS or CPSIA.
So that you can create the ideal conditions for each XRF measurement, the XDV-SDD has exchangeable collimators and primary filters, which allows work on a scientific level. The extremely robust device is nonetheless easy to operate and is designed specifically for series tests in industrial use. Features like its automatically extending measuring stage and the live image of the measuring site make your day-to-day work easier.
- Premium universal XRF analyzer for automated measurements of very thin coatings (<0.05 μm) and for fine material analysis in the sub per mil range according to ISO 3497 and ASTM B 568
- Extremely powerful silicon drift detector from Fischer with extra-large effective area (SDD 50 mm²)
- 6x changeable primary filter and 4x changeable collimators to optimize the measuring conditions
- Analysis of light elements like aluminum, silicon and phosphorus
- Sample heights up to 14 cm
- High precision, programmable XY stage with positioning accuracy of < 5 µm for automated measurements on small structures
- Extremely robust construction for serial testing, with outstanding long-term stability
- Certified fully protective device
- Testing very thin coatings in the electronics and semiconductor industries, e .g. gold and palladium layers less than 50 nm thick
- Measurement of hard material coatings in automotive manufacture
- Coating thickness measurement in the photovoltaics industry
- Trace analysis of hazardous substances such as lead and cadmium according to RoHS, WEEE, CPSIA and other directives for electronics, packaging and consumer goods
- Analysis and authenticity testing of gold and other precious metals, as well as alloys thereof
- Direct determination of the phosphorus content in functional NiP coatings