FISCHERSCOPE X-RAY XAN
- Universal X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometers for metal and precious-metal analysis, coating thickness measurement and RoHS screening according to DIN ISO 3497 and ASTM B 568
- Premium semiconductor detectors (PIN and SDD) ensure excellent detection accuracy and high resolution
- XAN 250 and 252: for measuring light elements like aluminum, silicon or sulfur
- Collimator: fixed or 4x changeable, smallest measuring spot approx. 0.3mm
- Primary filter: fixed or 6x changeable
- Fixed sample support or a manual XY stage
- Video camera for easy location of the best measurement site
- Up to 17 cm sample height
- Patented by Fischer: the DCM method for simple and fast adjustment of the measuring distance
- Non-destructive analysis of dental alloys, silver test
- Multilayer coatings
- Analysis of functional coatings at least 10 nm thick in the electronics and semiconductor industry
- Trace analysis in consumer protection, e.g. testing for the presence of lead in toys
- Metal-alloy determinations according to the highest accuracy requirements in the jewelry industry and in refineries
Like the XUL series, the XRF instrument spectrometer FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XAN® are ideally suited for analyzing simply shaped samples. However, a great advantage of the XAN series lies in their high-quality semiconductor detectors. And X-ray fluorescence (XRF) allows you not only to measure the thickness of coatings but also to analyze the composition of alloys (e. g. copper).
In total, the XAN series comprises 5 bench-top XRF spectrometers that cover a wide range of applications. The XAN 215 has a cost-effective PIN detector. This XRF Instrument It’s is ideal for simple coating thickness tasks, e.g. zinc on iron or Au/Ni/Cu. For more complex applications with alloys or precious metals, we recommend our XRF instruments devices with a silicon drift detector (e.g. the XAN 220): Due to its much higher resolution, it can reliably distinguish between gold and platinum. And when you need to detect traces of heavy metals and other hazardous substances, the XAN 250 is your solution.
With the XAN 220, XAN 222, XAN 250 and XAN 252, you can now measure even more precisely and quickly. Like the GOLDSCOPE SD 520 and SD 550, the instruments are equipped with the latest digital pulse processor DPP+ – completely developed in-house by Fischer. By using the new processor in conjunction with the also newly available, larger silicon drift detector (50 mm² effective area), even more signals of the sample can be processed. This results in an excellent energy resolution. Your benefit: Shorten the measuring time up to 3 times or reduce the absolute standard deviation of the repeatability by up to 45 %.