FISCHERSCOPE X-RAY XAN
Like the XUL series, the FISCHERSCOPE® X-RAY XAN® instruments are ideally suited for analyzing simply shaped samples. However, a great advantage of the XAN series lies in their high-quality semiconductor detectors. And X-ray fluorescence allows you not only to measure the thickness of coatings but also to analyze the composition of alloys (e. g. copper).
In total, the XAN series comprises 5 bench-top XRF spectrometers that cover a wide range of applications. The XAN 215 has a cost-effective PIN detector. It’s ideal for simple coating thickness tasks, e.g. zinc on iron or Au/Ni/Cu. For more complex applications with alloys or precious metals, we recommend our devices with a silicon drift detector (e.g. the XAN 220): Due to its much higher resolution, it can reliably distinguish between gold and platinum. And when you need to detect traces of heavy metals and other hazardous substances, the XAN 250 is your solution.
- Universal X-ray fluorescence spectrometers for metal and precious-metal analysis, coating thickness measurement and RoHS screening according to DIN ISO 3497 and ASTM B 568
- Premium semiconductor detectors (PIN and SDD) ensure excellent detection accuracy and high resolution
- XAN 250 and 252: for measuring light elements like aluminum, silicon or sulfur
- Collimator: fixed or 4x changeable, smallest measuring spot approx. 0.3mm
- Primary filter: fixed or 6x changeable
- Fixed sample support or a manual XY stage
- Video camera for easy location of the best measurement site
- Up to 17 cm sample height
- Non-destructive analysis of dental alloys, silver test
- Multilayer coatings
- Analysis of functional coatings at least 10 nm thick in the electronics and semiconductor industry
- Trace analysis in consumer protection, e.g. testing for the presence of lead in toys
- Metal-alloy determinations according to the highest accuracy requirements in the jewelry industry and in refineries