FISCHERSCOPE ST30 and ST200
Whether the functional coating on a drill bit lasts a long time or a car paint can withstand harsh weather – it all depends on how well the coating adheres to its substrate. Scratch tests simulate in the lab the kinds of loads that a surface will normally be exposed to in everyday life.
The FISCHERSCOPE®-ST series is a modular scratch test system that offers two models to cover different measurement ranges. The ST30 scratches with low force and is ideal for testing soft materials such as paints or polymers, as well as for thin layers as used in the semiconductor industry. For hard coatings, the ST200 uses higher forces.
The resulting scratch is primarily evaluated optically. For this purpose, the FISCHERSCOPE ST has a high-resolution microscope that can be equipped with up to three lenses, as needed. In addition to the optical analysis, it can also measure the acoustic emissions, the tangential force, and the penetration depth.
- Analysis of the adhesive and cohesive strength according to ISO 20502, DIN EN 1071-3 and ASTM C1624-05
- Various measuring modes with options for constant, progressive or incremental load
- Motion feed-back control for measuring on curved surfaces
- Measuring force range 0.01 – 30 N (ST30) and 0.5 – 200 N (ST200)
- High-resolution microscope with 5x and 20x magnification; additional lenses available
- Additional analysis methods: friction force measurement, friction coefficient determination, noise emission measurement, measurement of the remaining scratch depth
- The device can be connected to any computer and is easy to use
- Easy to generate test reports and to export data
- Measures samples up to 10 cm in height and without sample preparation
- Standard issue with a Rockwell indenter (radius 200 µm); other indenters available on request