The portable device uses the 4-point resistance method, which is optimally suited for coating thickness measurement of thin layers, for example on multi-layer boards. Here, several copper layers are separated by a non-conductive material such as epoxy. The advantage of the SR-SCOPE is that the other layers of the board do not influence the measurement, so the thickness of just the uppermost layer can be determined with precision.
- Easy-to-use handheld device for precise coating thickness measurement on circuit boards
- Functional principle based on the 4-point resistance method according to DIN EN 14571
- Measurement starts automatically as soon as the probe is applied
- Various probes available for small and large measurement areas
- Copper coatings on circuit boards
- With probe ERCU N: 0.1–10 µm and 5–120 µm
- With probe ERCU-D10: 0.1–10 µm and 5–200 µm